Terrain Surveys can provide Aerial surveying services through the use of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) or more commonly termed ‘drones’.
An Aerial survey is carried out using a UAV to capture high definition imagery of a site which can then be processed to produce various deliverables. Our survey background ensures that the data captured is survey grade & fit for purpose.
UAV’s allow rapid data capture of large areas in a very efficient manner which can prove to be a very cost effective alternative to conventional surveying methods. The use of drone technology also allows us safe access to areas which were previously inaccessible.
There are many benefits & applications for the use of drones in the surveying industry, please contact us to discuss how our expertise could benefit your project.
- We will work with you to tailor a specification and proposal that suits your requirements. Depending on the size and type of your project we can provide the information important to you.
- Using modern technology we will provide you with the most cost effective solution, delivering your information quickly.
- Using only experienced land surveyors you can be confident that our topographical surveys are drawn to the highest standard.
- With our extensive survey experience our surveyors will provide additional information that may be vital to your successful project, such as neighbouring building heights.
- Survey drawings are supplied in various 2D and 3D CAD formats and paper copies can be provided.
- Should you require a topographical survey to support a BIM project we can provide you with a 3D surface model solution in Revit format.
- Additional services that we are able to offer to support your project include measured building surveys, utility surveys and CCTV drainage surveys.
For a fast response quotation use the ‘contact us’ facility and provide us with as much information as you can. When specifying the survey area it is important to provide us with a clearly marked site plan.
What is aerial surveying?
Aerial Surveying is an accurate representation of the area of interest showing all natural and manmade features with levels. Shown as three dimensional points all features including the property, land features and physical boundary details are presented on a scaled survey drawing. Using our aerial surveying equipment one of our aerial survey teams will visit the site to capture the site features and then process the information at our offices in Welwyn.
What information is included in an aerial survey?
The amount of detail included in an aerial survey depends on your requirements. Typically the aerial survey will include the existing buildings and structures, boundary details, a grid of levels, ground surfaces, tree positions, drainage details and service cover positions. Additional details can be included such as the features adjacent to the site or underground services. Survey drawings are normally delivered as CAD files and as scaled paper plans.
How do I obtain a quotation for aerial surveying?
A quotation can be sought by contacting us with the details of your site with as much information as you have. This can be the site address and post code with a description of the site extents, but any existing plan information you can supply is always useful. One of our experienced aerial surveyors will then provide a proposal detailing our fee, aerial survey scope, timescales and the deliverables.