RIGHTS OF LIGHT
To support a ‘rights of light’ analysis Terrain Surveys are able to provide highly accurate and fit for purpose survey information. Normally delivered as a 3D survey model, this has been produced from 3D laser scanned data which has been rapidly captured on site.
We have a wealth of experience delivering 3D models and 2D CAD survey drawings to specifications as set out in the RICS ‘Rights of Light’ Professional Guidance 2nd Edition. On previous projects we have delivered survey projects as simple massing models, more detailed 3D models or as 2D CAD surveys in the form of floor plans and elevations.
- We will work with you to tailor a specification and proposal that suits your requirements. Depending on the size and type of your project we can provide the information important to you.
- Using modern technology we will provide you with the most cost effective solution, delivering your information quickly.
- Using only experienced land surveyors you can be confident that our topographical surveys are drawn to the highest standard.
- With our extensive survey experience our surveyors will provide additional information that may be vital to your successful project, such as neighbouring building heights.
- Survey drawings are supplied in various 2D and 3D CAD formats and paper copies can be provided.
- Should you require a topographical survey to support a BIM project we can provide you with a 3D surface model solution in Revit format.
- Additional services that we are able to offer to support your project include measured building surveys, utility surveys and CCTV drainage surveys.
For a fast response quotation use the ‘contact us’ facility and provide us with as much information as you can. When specifying the survey area it is important to provide us with a clearly marked site plan.
Frequently asked questions:
What is a rights of light measured survey?
A measured survey for rights of light is needed to enable specialists to analyse the impact on existing buildings from a proposed development. The survey information is normally delivered as either a set of 2D CAD floor plans and elevations or as a 3D model file. The survey will then be used in specialised rights of light software to carry out the analysis.
How do I obtain a quotation for a rights of light measured survey?
A quotation can be sought by contacting us with the details of your site with as much information as you have. This can be the site address and post code with a description of the site extents, but any existing plan information you can supply is always useful. One of our experienced measured building surveyors will then provide a proposal detailing our fee, survey scope, timescales and the deliverables.