Topographical surveys or land surveys are detailed accurate plan drawings identifying both natural and man-made features within a specified area. The plan will show all features such as buildings, boundaries, services covers and site levels. Normally presented digitally in CAD format, we are also able to provide scaled paper copies.
There are many reasons why topographical surveys will be required, but typically they are used by architects, planners and engineers for the design and planning stages of a project. Whatever the project that you are considering, a thorough accurate survey drawing will reduce the risk of costly downstream mistakes caused by unforeseen issues.
Our aim is to provide you with exactly what you need, delivered when you want it.
- We will work with you to tailor a specification and proposal that suits your requirements. Depending on the size and type of your project we can provide the information important to you.
- Using modern technology we will provide you with the most cost effective solution, delivering your information quickly.
- Using only experienced land surveyors you can be confident that our topographical surveys are drawn to the highest standard.
- With our extensive survey experience our surveyors will provide additional information that may be vital to your successful project, such as neighbouring building heights.
- Survey drawings are supplied in various 2D and 3D CAD formats and paper copies can be provided.
- Should you require a topographical survey to support a BIM project we can provide you with a 3D surface model solution in Revit format.
- Additional services that we are able to offer to support your project include measured building surveys, utility surveys and CCTV drainage surveys.
For a fast response quotation use the ‘contact us’ facility and provide us with as much information as you can. When specifying the survey area it is important to provide us with a clearly marked site plan.
What are topographical surveys?
Topographical surveys or land surveys are an accurate representation of the area of interest showing all natural and manmade features with levels. Shown as three dimensional points all features including the property, land features and physical boundary details are presented on a scaled survey drawing. Using our surveying equipment one of our land survey teams will visit the site to capture the site features and then process the information at our offices in Welwyn.
What information is included in a topographical survey?
The amount of detail included in a topographical survey depends on your requirements. Typically the land survey will include the existing buildings and structures, boundary details, a grid of levels, ground surfaces, tree positions, drainage details and service cover positions. Additional details can be included such as the features adjacent to the site or underground services. Survey drawings are normally delivered as CAD files and as scaled paper plans.
How do I obtain a quotation for a topographical survey?
A quotation can be sought by contacting us with the details of your site with as much information as you have. This can be the site address and post code with a description of the site extents, but any existing plan information you can supply is always useful. One of our experienced land surveyors will then provide a proposal detailing our fee, land survey scope, timescales and the deliverables.