Fort Gilkicker is a Victorian Fort located on the Hampshire coast overlooking the Solent,near Gosport. It consisted of 22 gun emplacements in a semi-circular series of granite faced casements designed to protect against approaches to Portsmouth harbor. Being unused since the 1950’s property developers Askett Hawk are proposing to convert the fort into a series of luxury apartments.
We were commissioned by the project architect to provide a measured survey including floor plans, elevations, cross sections and a topographical survey.
- A comprehensive survey schedule was provided and all survey work completed working with security on site
- The survey was completed using a combination of 3D laser scanning and traditional topographical survey methods
- Using the pointcloud data allowed us to efficiently produce a comprehensive set of measured survey CAD drawings
- Prior to issuing the final survey deliverables the survey was checked to our stringent QA checking procedures
- The survey was completed within the agreed timescales and to a tight budget