Terrain Surveys are a land surveys practise offering a range of measured survey services, keeping up to date with current demands of both 2D and 3D information. As a land surveyor we not only provide you with services related to land and site development, but also provide highly accurate measured survey information of buildings and structures. With today’s growing requirement for 3D data, Terrain Surveys can also provide you with 3D models and pointcloud datasets.
Benefits of using our land surveying services:
- Provision of comprehensive, quality plans tailored to your specific needs.
- Using the latest survey technology provides us with greater efficiency, saving you time and money.
- We are happy to provide advice throughout the project at no extra cost to you.
- All enquiries are dealt with swiftly and normally provide proposals on the same day.
- The fee we quote is the price you pay, no hidden costs.
- We will meet the agreed delivery times.
A thorough land survey is required whatever the size of your project, with accurate well presented survey information vital for the design and planning processes.
A land survey will also lessen the possibility of unforeseen costs and problems at a later stage in the development of your project.
When engaging with Terrain Surveys on your land survey project, we will provide you with a well defined and agreed survey specification. Our experience means that we may often provide you with additional information not necessarily asked for, but we know will help at the design and planning stages. We are always realistic and honest regarding project timescales and can provide a regular progress report on larger projects. Interim preliminary can also be provided to help with your projects progress.
To ensure our work is always of the highest standard and accuracy we work to a thorough quality management system accredited to the ISO9001:2008 standard.
- We will work with you to tailor a specification and proposal that suits your requirements. Depending on the size and type of your project we can provide the information important to you.
- Using modern technology we will provide you with the most cost effective solution, delivering your information quickly.
- Using only experienced land surveyors you can be confident that our topographical surveys are drawn to the highest standard.
- With our extensive survey experience our surveyors will provide additional information that may be vital to your successful project, such as neighbouring building heights.
- Survey drawings are supplied in various 2D and 3D CAD formats and paper copies can be provided.
- Should you require a topographical survey to support a BIM project we can provide you with a 3D surface model solution in Revit format.
- Additional services that we are able to offer to support your project include measured building surveys, utility surveys and CCTV drainage surveys.
For a fast response quotation use the ‘contact us’ facility and provide us with as much information as you can. When specifying the survey area it is important to provide us with a clearly marked site plan.
What are Land Surveys?
Land surveys or Topographical surveys are an accurate representation of the area of interest showing all natural and manmade features with levels. Shown as three dimensional points all features including the property, land features and physical boundary details are presented on a scaled survey drawing. Using our surveying equipment one of our land survey teams will visit the site to capture the site features and then process the information at our offices in Welwyn.
What information is included in a Land Survey?
The amount of information provided in our land surveys is subject to your requirements for design, planning, feasibility or management purposes. Buildings and boundary positions, trees, surface finishes and service covers are normally shown with spot levels at an agreed spacing. All survey drawings are presented at an agreed scale as a CAD file or to a required format. We can also provide you with additional survey information such as, underground services tracing and tree surveys.
How do I obtain a quotation for a Land Survey?
Ideally a site location plan with the area to be surveyed highlighted should be provided together with a description of what is required. From this information we can provide you with our fees, a survey specification and timescales for completing the work. If you do not have plan information to hand, then a site address and postcode is sufficient, and we will then discuss your requirements with you.